Are you tired all the dang time? Ongoing fatigue—aka constant exhaustion that doesn’t have an obvious cause—can be linked to a number of chronic conditions as well as lifestyle factors like lack of sleep and exercising too much. Symptoms like headaches, night sweats, muscle aches, poor concentration, and digestive issues all go hand-in-hand with chronic fatigue…which basically makes it sound like a full-time job. For some, chronic fatigue is a bellweather of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), a serious condition that can be managed, but may also cause chronic pain, depression, even breathing issues and partial paralysis. Worst case, some with CFS are unable to participate in daily life activities or even get out of bed. Other health issues that can sap your energy include depression, cancer, fibromyalgia, celiac disease, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Lyme disease, and biotoxin illness. Trust us, we really do get how hard it can be to maintain social relationships and a normal life when exhaustion is your everyday normal. Just remember, while you might feel like your fatigue will never go away, this symptom is treatable when the root cause is addressed. You can also explore natural treatments for your symptoms such as nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), nutritional supplements, immunotherapy, and plants that seem to combat general fatigue, such as angelica and peony root.
- MedlinePlus. Chronic fatigue syndrome. MedlinePlus. Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Stanford Medicine. Biomarker for chronic fatigue syndrome identified. Stanford Medicine. Biomarker for chronic fatigue syndrome identified.
- Harvard Health Publishing. Chronic fatigue syndrome. Harvard Health Publishing. Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Mayo Clinic. Fatigue. Mayo Clinic. Fatigue.
- Toxins (Basel). Detection of mycotoxins in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. Toxins (Basel). Detection of mycotoxins in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.