Have you ever been reading a recipe or a set of simple directions and just thought, wait…huh? Or had to reread a work email approximately 5 times to figure out what the heck it’s saying? First of all, you are definitely not alone. Confusion is a state in which you feel disoriented and can’t think as clearly or quickly as you usually do. It’s more common in older adults, but can come on suddenly when bacteria and biotoxins have invaded your system, as with Lyme, a biotoxin illness like mold illness, or other chronic conditions. Addressing the root cause of your confusion may help alleviate this symptom, but you can also punch back by making sure you keep stress at bay, stay hydrated, and get plenty of sleep. (We know, easier said than done—but it really does make a big difference.) Treatments like burbur or pinella, aka anise star (both favorites of Lymies), or biotoxin binders can also help clear your head.
Recent posts about Confusion
feeling so confused. I’m going back to work in a school in September and at first I felt extremely hopeful, but now I’m scared because people say that everything will never be the same and there will be another surge in virus cases. I’ll probably be unemployed all over again. will this ever end???
So I am 8 weeks postpartum. I was a high risk pregnancy with HG, epilepsy, and a history of cancer. They put my IUD in at my sons birth and I developed Pelvic inflammatory disease. I had the IUD removed. Ever since I was 20 weeks pregnant I’ve had hot flashes where I get dizzy and confused with heart palpitations then I get cold and nauseous. they still haven’t gone away. anyone had a similar experience???
so today my uncle made some very sexual advance towards me. asked me not share our conversation. literally the same thing my birth father said to me when I was younger and he would crawl into my bed. gave me so much anxiety. I felt like the shame and dirty ness all over again. and I’m so confused because my family admits he did wrong but doesn’t want to talk about because he is such a great man. I can’t function anymore.
feeling so lost , lonely and confused where did I go wrong In losing the love of my life... 🤦🏽♂️💔
i am recently going thru a break up after 2 years. I'm hurt but I understand my way of thinking and possibly narccisst ways got me here. I feel lost , confused on how and where did I lose sight of who I really am, how did I get myself here ? I am a good person , at least I thought I was. evidently that "Great Person " is lost from so much previous pain, I wish she would understand how sorry I am but I get the work has be done. this is my first step towards that. I don't know what to do .
- University of Michigan Medicine. Confusion, Memory Loss, and Altered Alertness. University of Michigan Medicine. Confusion, Memory Loss, and Altered Alertness.
- MedlinePlus. Confusion. MedlinePlus. Confusion.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology. Mental Confusion or Delirium. American Society of Clinical Oncology. Mental Confusion or Delirium.
- Journal of Palliative Medicine. Clarifying Delirium Management: Practical, Evidenced-Based, Expert Recommendations for Clinical Practice. Journal of Palliative Medicine. Clarifying Delirium Management: Practical, Evidenced-Based, Expert Recommendations for Clinical Practice.
- Toxicol Ind Health. Neurologic and neuropsychiatric syndrome features of mold and mycotoxin exposure. Toxicol Ind Health. Neurologic and neuropsychiatric syndrome features of mold and mycotoxin exposure.