Have you ever stood up suddenly, felt the room spinning, saw stars, and thought, "hmmm, maybe being upright is not the best decision right now?” That's lightheadedness, a common and ick-inducing feeling that you might faint, fall, or stumble into something. You can be lightheaded for lots of different reasons, like dehydration, low blood pressure, stress, you forgot to eat (and the clock in your office is reading 3 pm, oops!)…or it could be a sign of something more serious. You might feel lightheaded, for example, if you have vertigo (which is a sensation of movement or spinning), or it can be a symptom of low blood sugar if you have diabetes. Some people with mold illness or Lyme also experience dizzy or lightheaded feelings. The immediate risk of lightheadedness is that you might faint and hurt yourself, so don't ignore it. Sit down, let it pass, and ask for help if you need it. Drink some water or orange juice. Seriously, there’s no reason to “tough it out” with lightheadedness—that may only make things worse! If you frequently feel lightheaded, talk to your practitioner so they can help you figure out what’s going on.
Recent posts about Lightheadedness
my symptoms dizzy lightheaded chest pain tired falling asleep on job waking up all throught the night sometimes short of breath and anxious my heart flutters sometimes and I jump awake lack of sleep has caused me to be anxious and have brain fog
My first post! I live in a toxic home situation and I feel so alone there. My anx is awful, I’m consistently having shallow breathing, a huge lump in my throat, lightheaded & overall been miserable since covid 19 has had us all locked down. I don’t have a great support system at home but Reading through a lot of posts made me realize I’m not alone
I accidentally missed my antidepressant medication today and yesterday, and I have been feeling extremely lightheaded and sick. Could this be a side effect of missing my medicine?
- Harvard Medical School. Lightheaded? Top 5 reasons you might feel woozy. Harvard Medical School. Lightheaded? Top 5 reasons you might feel woozy.
- University of Michigan. Dizziness: lightheadedness and vertigo. University of Michigan. Dizziness: lightheadedness and vertigo.
- Mayo Clinic. Dizziness. Mayo Clinic. Dizziness.
- Mayo Clinic. Orthostatic hypotension (postural hypotension). Mayo Clinic. Orthostatic hypotension (postural hypotension).
- Centers for Disease Control. Signs and symptoms of untreated Lyme. Centers for Disease Control. Signs and symptoms of untreated Lyme.