Is there anything worse than that queasy, clammy feeling that comes with nausea? It’s hard to think, it’s hard to relax, and sometimes you wish you would puke so you could feel better. Persistent nausea is common with many conditions and their treatments, including illnesses like Lyme and viruses like Epstein-Barr. If you’re on antibiotics, nausea is definitely on the table. Nausea is also a commonly reported symptom of electromagnetic field (EMF) sensitivity, and may be linked to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and parasite infections. Fortunately, easy-to-find herbs like peppermint, chamomile, and ginger can help quell this symptom. If you’re dealing with nausea, it helps to keep these herbs close at hand! Massage and stress reduction can also help. Remember, if you’re feeling nauseous, it’s okay to step back from whatever you’re doing and rest. The nausea may not pass right away, but give yourself a moment to breathe. Don’t feel like you have to “power through”—that’s way easier said than done. With nausea (and chronic illness in general!), it’s okay to take 5 when you need it.
Recent posts about Nausea
I've had no appetite everything has pretty much been something I would have to force down. I'm already pretty skinny as is so it's been such a mind game. I get bouts of feeling nauseous, sometimes I do throw up, most of the time it's been dry heaving gagging with stomach acid. I've been having anxiety everyday for over a month I've always been anxiety ridden but it seemed to advanced into something more that I don't have coping mechanisms for.
So I am 8 weeks postpartum. I was a high risk pregnancy with HG, epilepsy, and a history of cancer. They put my IUD in at my sons birth and I developed Pelvic inflammatory disease. I had the IUD removed. Ever since I was 20 weeks pregnant I’ve had hot flashes where I get dizzy and confused with heart palpitations then I get cold and nauseous. they still haven’t gone away. anyone had a similar experience???
Day 23 of the impaction. Nothing solid came out yesterday. Did one of my 2 daily doses of Miralax this morning and nothing. I ate some and my stomach ballooned right back up and hard, having gotten smaller and less firm. Staying nauseated and a little vomiting despite Zofran every 6 hrs. I'm thinking that surgery is going to have to be done soon. Lots of stomach noise and rumbling; I think it's trying to get things broken up but to no avail. This is getting so old and annoying!
I’m curious to know what’s wrong with me. I can’t get help or see anyone. I feel fatigue, dizzy, Lightheadedness, nausea and had a seizure in my sleep for the first time in my life and I believe for a month or two
“recently started taking PrEP again and my nausea is insane. anyone notice this or have other side effects?”
Hi all! In early January I had a UTI and was given antibiotics in that same week I started having crazy symptoms..seeing flashing lights, stomach aches, dizziness, nausea. I am assuming my GUT health is all sorts of wack and my mental health is the worst it’s ever been. Has anyone else had a bad experience on antibiotics where it messed up their mental & overall health? What helped thank you!! 💛
- Auton Neurosci. What is nausea? A historical analysis of changing views. Auton Neurosci. What is nausea? A historical analysis of changing views.
- Neurogastroenterol Motil. Nausea and vomiting in gastroparesis: Similarities and differences in idiopathic and diabetic gastroparesis. Neurogastroenterol Motil. Nausea and vomiting in gastroparesis: Similarities and differences in idiopathic and diabetic gastroparesis.
- Chemother Res Pract. Alternative methods to treat nausea and vomiting from cancer chemotherapy. Chemother Res Pract. Alternative methods to treat nausea and vomiting from cancer chemotherapy.
- Cleveland Clinic. Nausea & vomiting. Cleveland Clinic. Nausea & vomiting.
- Open Neurol J. Issues in the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease. Open Neurol J. Issues in the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease.