Is there anything worse than that queasy, clammy feeling that comes with nausea? It’s hard to think, it’s hard to relax, and sometimes you wish you would puke so you could feel better. Persistent nausea is common with many conditions and their treatments, including illnesses like Lyme and viruses like Epstein-Barr. If you’re on antibiotics, nausea is definitely on the table. Nausea is also a commonly reported symptom of electromagnetic field (EMF) sensitivity, and may be linked to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and parasite infections. Fortunately, easy-to-find herbs like peppermint, chamomile, and ginger can help quell this symptom. If you’re dealing with nausea, it helps to keep these herbs close at hand! Massage and stress reduction can also help. Remember, if you’re feeling nauseous, it’s okay to step back from whatever you’re doing and rest. The nausea may not pass right away, but give yourself a moment to breathe. Don’t feel like you have to “power through”—that’s way easier said than done. With nausea (and chronic illness in general!), it’s okay to take 5 when you need it.
Recent posts about Nausea
started with nausea and loss of appetite for abt two wks, vomiting once. CT came back with swollen lymph nodes in abdomen. The nausea mostly went away and started having severe joint/bone pain in random areas as well as really horrible fatigue. It’s been a month and a half. ANA came back positive 1:180, ALT keeps fluctuating between high and normal, and Lyme reflex came back normal. Now borderline high platelets and RBC. Anyone have any leads? I need my life back
I've been really sick lately.. and I feel rather alone, we're working with doctors to try to figure it out but for now I feel super nauseated and throwing up.. and I don't have a mother figure, I think I need one.. or just someone to give off that caring vibe yknow? one that won't up and leave.. but my question is; any ideas to help me deal with nausea and loneliness? or any forms or anything I could find a sort of online caregiver?
so I’m taking a new medicine venlafaxine. It seems to be working OK for my anxiety and depression but at the same time it makes me feel slightly nauseous and I feel I may be a little bit constipated from it too. It helps me a lot and I don’t know if I should stop taking it if it helps me. But maybe the symptoms are only temporary? Maybe I’m just getting used to it? What should I do? Has anyone else ever taking venlafaxine?
Rough times these days. I have begun to have further eye issues. New symptom is nystagmus (involuntary eye movement.) It makes me nauseous and feel like I have motion sickness throughout the day. Got my eye dr. appt. moved up, though- just 2 days now. I am hopeful that I will get answers.
I wake up feeling nauseous most days 😞 I have an Rx for anti-nausea medicine but want to try some at-home remedies to give my poor body a break lol. What are some good things to try to help with nausea? 💕💕
- Auton Neurosci. What is nausea? A historical analysis of changing views. Auton Neurosci. What is nausea? A historical analysis of changing views.
- Neurogastroenterol Motil. Nausea and vomiting in gastroparesis: Similarities and differences in idiopathic and diabetic gastroparesis. Neurogastroenterol Motil. Nausea and vomiting in gastroparesis: Similarities and differences in idiopathic and diabetic gastroparesis.
- Chemother Res Pract. Alternative methods to treat nausea and vomiting from cancer chemotherapy. Chemother Res Pract. Alternative methods to treat nausea and vomiting from cancer chemotherapy.
- Cleveland Clinic. Nausea & vomiting. Cleveland Clinic. Nausea & vomiting.
- Open Neurol J. Issues in the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease. Open Neurol J. Issues in the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease.