Inflammation of joints (swelling)
Are your joints swollen, painful, or stiff? Don't worry, you didn’t age overnight—there’s a good chance it’s just your autoimmune condition doing its thing, unleashing inflammatory chemicals into your joints. Joint inflammation can be linked to Lyme, but it can be caused by lots of other conditions as well, including lupus, Graves’ disease, and Hashimoto’s. Most often, Lyme-related joint inflammation (also called Lyme arthritis) affects the knees, but it can impact your wrists, elbows, and ankles too. While this symptom can be slow to resolve, the good news is that it’s definitely treatable! If it is caused by an infection, practitioners will often recommend antibiotics, either orally or via IV, but you can also experiment with holistic remedies, including an anti-inflammatory diet and other all-natural treatments. There are lots of them to try, including curcumin (turmeric), green tea, capsaicin (chili pepper), and omega-3s.
Recent posts about Inflammation of joints (swelling)
anyone have any sleep remedies when all else has failed? i’ve had insomnia (trouble staying asleep) since i got sick. tried melatonin, OTC sleep aids, lots of pills (even ambien) and nothing’s worked. think it’s linked to inflammation in my body due to lyme and that’s why my body is so resistant. anyone have any natural remedies? my sleep hygiene is good and i take magnesium glycinate at night but still waking up so many times.
has anyone had very high cortisol levels + found anything that helps? i think the inflammation has been stressing my body out. i’ve heard good things about ashwaghanda but wondering if anyone else can relate!
I just got my fecal test results back and there’s a buttload (pun intended) of inflammation, which means my Crohn’s is flaring again. On one hand, I’m not surprised because of all the stress happening in the world... but I’m disappointed, very tired, and feeling really low.
Anyone have advice on supplements? Had an Urgent Care Dr suggest Ginger and Tumeric for inflammation but neither my RA Dr or PCP thought this would help. Checked online and neither would mess with my meds. I’m big on self advocate but RA is all fairly new to me and I’m still trying to figure it out-thanks for any insight!
I’ve been drinking lisinopril for the past 3 1/2 weeks cuz the doctor told me that I’ve had an inflammation liver. Now I’m afraid cuz my stool is coming out yellow. Don’t know if. Should stop drinking them
I don’t do well if CBD internally. I do seem to do ok with it topically though. My doctor wants me on it for neuroinflammation. Maybe on the spine and the wrists? Where should I apply it? My thought is on the back of my head/neck, but I don’t want to get my hair greasy. Considering I have trouble showering.
- Johns Hopkins Health. What Are Common Symptoms of Autoimmune Disease? Johns Hopkins Health. What Are Common Symptoms of Autoimmune Disease?
- Int J Mol Sci. Natural products for the treatment of autoimmune arthritis: Their mechanisms of action, targeted delivery, and interplay with the host microbiome. Int J Mol Sci. Natural products for the treatment of autoimmune arthritis: Their mechanisms of action, targeted delivery, and interplay with the host microbiome.
- Drug Des Devel Ther. The spice for joint inflammation: Anti-inflammatory role of curcumin in treating osteoarthritis. Drug Des Devel Ther. The spice for joint inflammation: Anti-inflammatory role of curcumin in treating osteoarthritis.
- Infect Dis Clin North Am. Diagnosis and treatment of Lyme arthritis. Infect Dis Clin North Am. Diagnosis and treatment of Lyme arthritis.
- J Am Coll Nutr. Anti-inflammatory diets. J Am Coll Nutr. Anti-inflammatory diets.
- Surg Neurol Int. Natural anti-inflammatory agents for pain relief. Surg Neurol Int. Natural anti-inflammatory agents for pain relief.