Ringing in the ears / Tinnitus
Most of us have experienced occasional ringing in our ears (hello, loud concerts!). While noise-related ringing in the ears typically fades quickly, some conditions can cause more prolonged ringing. This symptom is referred to as tinnitus, and it’s been linked to anemia, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, celiac disease, and more. It may also be a byproduct of biotoxins in the body, as we all know that bacteria, viruses, and mold like to cause problems anywhere and everywhere. Tinnitus doesn’t always sound like ringing—it can sound like hissing, buzzing, or even whooshing. Tinnitus can also cause depression and anxiety, but fortunately, there are treatments that can provide relief from the ringing. Some people find feverfew and gingko to be beneficial, while others experiment with hearing aids and sound therapy.
Recent posts about Ringing in the ears / Tinnitus
Can EBV stay dormant in your immune system for a long time? I’m trying to explore the possibility that I’ve had EBV all these years and it’s just starting to make my tinnitus worse.
While my TMJ has gotten better over the past month with physical therapy, the tinnitus has gotten progressively worse and my doctors don’t understand why. We’ve tried almost everything and I’m starting to lose hope that I’ll ever get better. How you stay positive knowing that your condition can only get worse from here?
pulsing dizziness and tinnitus come and go and not always togther. i have an appointment with a Neurologist, but some days my depression says just sleep. anyone have this?
Through my ringing ears, pounding head and burning esophagus, trying to be positive and focus on having a good day! If ur so inclined, feel free to post in comments what u would like to accomplish today, considering ur level of illness. The worst thing is too put pressure on ourselves to accomplish what we did before Lyme/illness hit us. We are ill. Acceptance of that has helped my feeling of guilt for not being able to do more. Must take care of urself. Have an amazing day! 💚💚💚
- American Tinnitus Association. Understanding the facts. American Tinnitus Association. Understanding the facts.
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. Tinnitus. National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. Tinnitus.
- Cleveland Clinic. Tinnitus. Cleveland Clinic. Tinnitus.
- Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. Pathophysiology and Treatment of Tinnitus: An Elusive Disease. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. Pathophysiology and Treatment of Tinnitus: An Elusive Disease.
- J Neurosci. Ringing Ears: The Neuroscience of Tinnitus. J Neurosci. Ringing Ears: The Neuroscience of Tinnitus.