Is there anything more annoying than a twitching muscle? Twitch-twitch-twitch, all day long. (If you’ve ever had an exhaustion-induced eye twitch, you know exactly what we mean!) Twitching muscles are really just mini-spasms, and eyelid twitches or tics are common and usually go away with some rest. Twitches may signal a neurological issue, and it’s possible to get twitches (often facial twitches) with Lyme. Muscle twitches can also be a sign of too much caffeine or a vitamin or mineral deficiency (such as magnesium), both of which can be easily addressed with a supplement. Twitches might even be a side effect of a medication (such as an amphetamine or antidepressant). Lifestyle changes might help—try to get enough exercise, cut down on the lattes, stay hydrated, and find ways to cope with stress (like meditation). If your twitches are so distracting that they’re interfering with your quality of life, talk to a practitioner about what you can do to get them under control. If they’re simply bothersome, but you’re bothered that you don’t know exactly why they’re happening, your practitioner can also help you there. Often, the knowledge about the why behind a symptom really does help!
Recent posts about Twitching
how do you know if you have Lyme ? it is said that some cases it doesn’t show. how can you pin point when you have other problems ? I’ve had diarrhea for over a month obviously with a lot of anxiety and depression. along with it. I’ve been having a lot of heart palpitations, muscle twitching. headaches and facial muscle twitching. today I’m actually having some jaw pain. now I’ve had a ekg & blood test though I am thinking of re doing the blood test.
I feel like I am developing signs of a stroke,I have shakiness,twitching,jerking and dizziness. I am scared
Has anyone had Jaw twitching or vibrating feeling. Right side for me. really weird! No pain and it doesn’t happen a lot but it’s random. Can be months before it happens again.
So I had a cardiology appointment today. And I had to leave the waiting room three times because of perfumes. The nurse reeked of perfume, she did my blood pressure, hight... And by the time I got to the room for my EKG I was shaking and twitching violently. My mom asked her to leave, the violent shaking and twitching (continued in com)
I’m on Day Three of my period and I think it triggered a POTS Flair. Eyes twitching, trouble swallowing, nauseous, dizzy, shaking, difficultly speaking, and diarrhea. Is this normal? I also started my period a day earlier than usual.
- U.S. News & World Report. When is a muscle twitch cause for concern? U.S. News & World Report. When is a muscle twitch cause for concern?
- MedlinePlus. Muscle twitching. MedlinePlus. Muscle twitching.
- Open Heart. Subclinical magnesium deficiency: a principal driver of cardiovascular disease and a public health crisis. Open Heart. Subclinical magnesium deficiency: a principal driver of cardiovascular disease and a public health crisis.
- Case Rep Neurol Med. Multiple sclerosis presenting with facial twitching (myokymia and hemifacial spasms). Case Rep Neurol Med. Multiple sclerosis presenting with facial twitching (myokymia and hemifacial spasms).
- Neurol Int. Another perspective on fasciculations: when is it not caused by the classic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or progressive spinal atrophy? Neurol Int. Another perspective on fasciculations: when is it not caused by the classic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or progressive spinal atrophy?
- Neurol Clin. Nutritional neuropathies. Neurol Clin. Nutritional neuropathies.