You know that queasy feeling, the one that warns you that you’re definitely going to be sick? Soon, you’re rushing to the closest restroom, and your nausea turns to vomiting. Throwing up the contents of your stomach is something everyone’s likely experienced, and there are lots of different causes for this unpleasant symptom. Food poisoning can make you vomit, as can motion sickness, pain, viral gastroenteritis (aka stomach flu), pregnancy, medications, excessive alcohol, and even extreme shock or grief. In some cases, chronic vomiting can be a sign of an underlying illness, including neurological or GI conditions. People with celiac disease, for instance, experience vomiting along with other chronic GI woes. It’s also common with migraines, food intolerances, and other issues that may be mechanical or anatomic. Vomiting can cause dehydration, so hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! After a bout, make sure you replenish with lots of water, as soon as you can stand it. If you’re riding waves of nausea, try to settle your stomach with peppermint, chamomile, or ginger. The antihistamine meclizine, sold under the brand names Bonine and Dramamine, can be a godsend to those who are susceptible to motion sickness. If vomiting is something you experience frequently, make sure you talk to your practitioner. In addition to these holistic and over-the-counter remedies, there are also prescription meds that can help. Nausea and vomiting definitely aren’t comfortable, so we’re all for seeking a solution!
Recent posts about Vomiting
started with nausea and loss of appetite for abt two wks, vomiting once. CT came back with swollen lymph nodes in abdomen. The nausea mostly went away and started having severe joint/bone pain in random areas as well as really horrible fatigue. It’s been a month and a half. ANA came back positive 1:180, ALT keeps fluctuating between high and normal, and Lyme reflex came back normal. Now borderline high platelets and RBC. Anyone have any leads? I need my life back
I've been really sick lately.. and I feel rather alone, we're working with doctors to try to figure it out but for now I feel super nauseated and throwing up.. and I don't have a mother figure, I think I need one.. or just someone to give off that caring vibe yknow? one that won't up and leave.. but my question is; any ideas to help me deal with nausea and loneliness? or any forms or anything I could find a sort of online caregiver?
Been battling what turned out to be severe laryngopharyngeal reflux or "silent reflux", different from GERD. Had a bronchoscopy, that found erosion, inflammation & scarring with ulcers on vocal cords & tracheobronchial tree. Was intubated. When they pulled the breathing tubtube, I aspirated lotlots of vomit. Spent 3 days in hospital w/ treatments & monitoring for pneumonia. Somehow managed to not get it. So another serious disease to deal with.
during very high stress times i get so sick to my stomach to the point that it's ruined my eating schedule for a few months and i've been getting so nauseous that sometimes i stumble and need to hold onto something. been so sick w this for long enough that the fear of throwing up is also huge and feeds into more anxiety. who has tips for managing this? i have a little bit of nausea rx's right now but need help w other coping methods until i get back into therapy because it's almost constant 😭😔
trigger warning vomit !! did something stupid with my A/C units with lots of black mold...Saturday afternoon/ night I attempted to clean two of them myself, without much ventilation. I was just so determined to get rid of it; but I think it backfired. I lost all of my appetite, felt nauseous all day then tried to eat something and vomited just now.
- Mayo Clinic. Nausea and vomiting. Mayo Clinic. Nausea and vomiting.
- Biomedical Research and Therapy. Concise review: Herbal remedies for the treatment of nausea and vomiting. Biomedical Research and Therapy. Concise review: Herbal remedies for the treatment of nausea and vomiting.
- Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. Newest drugs for chronic unexplained nausea and vomiting. Curr Treat Options Gastroenterol. Newest drugs for chronic unexplained nausea and vomiting.
- Curr Opin Support Palliat Care. Is ginger beneficial for nausea and vomiting? An update of the literature. Curr Opin Support Palliat Care. Is ginger beneficial for nausea and vomiting? An update of the literature.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Symptoms & causes of Celiac disease: What are the symptoms of Celiac disease? National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Symptoms & causes of Celiac disease: What are the symptoms of Celiac disease?
- Cleveland Clinic. Nausea & vomiting. Cleveland Clinic. Nausea & vomiting.
- Mol Med Rep. Chamomile: A herbal medicine of the past with a bright future. Mol Med Rep. Chamomile: A herbal medicine of the past with a bright future.