Cordyceps, also called Chinese caterpillar fungus, is a parasitic fungus that grows out of the living heads of bugs in the high mountain regions of Tibet and China. Look up a photo—it’s crazy! This odd organism happens to be a powerful medicinal remedy in traditional Tibetan and Chinese medicine. Cordyceps has been used for everything from tuberculosis to malignant tumors, and today, people look to it to boost immunity, increase athletic performance, and support libido—all worthy #healthgoals! This potent remedy may also help your kidneys and respiratory function, and some people say it ups energy and stamina. It's also an adaptogen, which means it definitely fits the bill for a general wellness tonic or supplement. Whew! Raise your hand if you could use cordyceps in your life!
Recent posts about Cordyceps
Videos about Cordyceps
Books about Cordyceps
Cordyceps: Treating Diabetes, Cancer and Other Illnesses: It could save your life
Cordyceps, used in oriental medicine for hundreds of years, can help treat illnesses such as diabetes, cancer, lupus, renal failure, bronchitis, COPD, atherosclerosis and other conditions. This book presents research mostly unseen in the western world in a concise and easy to read manner so the readers can make up their own mind.
Healing Mushrooms: A Practical and Culinary Guide to Using Mushrooms for Whole Body Health
Adaptogenic mushrooms are one of today's buzziest superfoods, known for their ability to restore skin's youthful glow, increase energy levels, reduce brain fog, keep your hormone levels in check, and so much more. In Healing Mushrooms, you’ll learn about the ten most powerful mushrooms you can add to your daily diet to maximize your health gains. Though some of these mushrooms, like Tremella, Cordyceps, and Reishi will sound exotic, they're all easy to source online in extract form and easier to use in recipes. Even more familiar mushrooms, like Shiitake, Oyster, and Enoki, are full of seriously healing potential--you just have to know how to use them. Packed with practical information, fun illustrations, and 50 mushroom-boosted recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (and even dessert!), Healing Mushrooms unlocks the vast potential of this often-overlooked superfood category and will be the go-to resource for adding mushrooms to your health and wellness regimen.
Medicinal Mushrooms: A Clinical Guide
This work is a highly accessible primer on the pharmacology, applications, and Chinese medical uses of over 20 commonly prescribed mycological medicinals. As such it admirably meets the needs of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine practitioners as well as a more general complementary medicine readership. The author makes full use of his versatile background in both Chinese medicine and biochemistry. Concise textual presentation, helpful overviews, and a good balance of research evidence with practical clinical applications are features that make this useful as well as absorbing reading.
Podcasts about Cordyceps
Scientific Nutrition Update: Cordyceps Mushroom
As we dive back into medicinal mushrooms we look at what is in my opinion one of the most fascinating, with kidney and liver protection, pain relief, anti-inflammatory effects, and it may even make you smarter.
- The Haworth Herbal Press. Tyler's Herbs of Choice: The Therapeutic Use of Phytomedicinals. The Haworth Herbal Press. Tyler's Herbs of Choice: The Therapeutic Use of Phytomedicinals.
- Complement Ther Med. Efficacy of Cordyceps sinensis as an adjunctive treatment in kidney transplant patients: a systematic-review and meta-analysis. Complement Ther Med. Efficacy of Cordyceps sinensis as an adjunctive treatment in kidney transplant patients: a systematic-review and meta-analysis.
- J Ayurveda Integr Med. Traditional uses and medicinal potential of Cordyceps sinensis of Sikkim. J Ayurveda Integr Med. Traditional uses and medicinal potential of Cordyceps sinensis of Sikkim.
- Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. Cordyceps sinensis (CordyMax Cs-4) supplementation does not improve endurance exercise performance. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. Cordyceps sinensis (CordyMax Cs-4) supplementation does not improve endurance exercise performance.
- J Altern Complement Med. The scientific rediscovery of an ancient Chinese herbal medicine: Cordyceps sinensis: part I. J Altern Complement Med. The scientific rediscovery of an ancient Chinese herbal medicine: Cordyceps sinensis: part I.
- Chin Med J (English). Effects of Cordyceps sinensis on murine T lymphocyte subsets. Chin Med J (English). Effects of Cordyceps sinensis on murine T lymphocyte subsets.