Klinghardt's 5 levels of healing
In the 1980s, holistic healer and physician Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt developed a theory—known as Klinghardt’s 5 levels of healing—that combines Eastern and Western knowledge about energy, bodies, health, and wellness. Dr. Klinghardt suggests that we all have 5 levels or “layers”—physical, energy, mental, intuitive, spiritual—and that what happens to one also affects the others. For each of the layers, he offers specific treatments. Exercise and heavy metal detox, for example, are recommended to help the physical body. Acupuncture, neural therapy, and unplugging from electronic devices are suggested for level 2, “energy.” Prayer, meditation, and chanting heal the spiritual self. It’s a fascinating theory, and while the 5 levels of healing were designed as a tool for integrative medicine practitioners, many of the treatments involve self-care that you can try yourself. According to Dr. Klinghardt, our bodies make visible what is happening at the soul level. If we have emotional trauma, or experienced something in the past that changed our inner lives, it will eventually manifest itself as physical impairment or pain. When emotional healing takes place, it has a positive effect on our physical selves, too. The philosophies, and how to find a practitioner who can help you put them into practice, are detailed on his website. It’s worth saying that people who take an interest in their health and well-being (oh hi, that’s us!) may already feel familiar with Dr. Klinghardt’s theories. He’s developed many treatments for chronic pain and hard-to-treat illnesses, combining orthopedic medicine with immunology, endocrinology, toxicology, hypnotherapy, and energy psychology. (If you’re familiar with Autonomic Response Testing or Neural Therapy, that’s him.) His approach to healing is all an extension of the idea of a mind-body connection, and that’s something a lot of us are pretty comfortable with. While the name “Klinghardt” might be new, there are aspects of his theory that likely ring a bell.
Recent posts about Klinghardt's 5 levels of healing
Videos about Klinghardt's 5 levels of healing
Podcasts about Klinghardt's 5 levels of healing
Vibe: The 5 Levels of Healing with Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt
Today I am introducing you to Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt. He brings to America the secrets of European energy medicine. He is an MD and PhD and the Founder of the Klinghardt Academy, The American Academy of Neural Therapy, Medical Director of the Institute of Neurobiology, and lead clinician at the Sophia Health Institute, located in Washington State. He teaches biological interventions and Autonomic Response Testing assessment techniques. He also is well known for using non-surgical, non-drug approaches to healing his patients. He is also an expert on heavy metal toxicity and has been instrumental in advancing the field of biological medicine, energy psychology and biological dentistry. While working in India as a junior physician, he encountered Eastern concepts of disease etiology and blended them with his Western training. This laid the foundation for his 5-level system of Integrative Medicine, which you’ll learn about in this episode.
Myers Detox: Toxic Metals and Parasites with Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt
Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt talks to us about the need to detox the body and how parasites and candida can begin to surface when you detox metals. He also gives tips on what to do about this phenomena! Are toxic metals causing your fatigue and health issues?
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Yoga. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Yoga.
- Curr Opin Psychol. Emotion and biological health: the socio-cultural moderation. Curr Opin Psychol. Emotion and biological health: the socio-cultural moderation.
- Phys Ther. Chronic Stress, Cortisol Dysfunction, and Pain: A Psychoneuroendocrine Rationale for Stress Management in Pain Rehabilitation. Phys Ther. Chronic Stress, Cortisol Dysfunction, and Pain: A Psychoneuroendocrine Rationale for Stress Management in Pain Rehabilitation.
- JAMA Internal Medicine. Meditation Programs for Psychological Stress and Well-being: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA Internal Medicine. Meditation Programs for Psychological Stress and Well-being: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Klinghardt Academy. Klinghardt's 5 Levels of Healing. Klinghardt Academy. Klinghardt's 5 Levels of Healing.